Happy New Year!
As we embark on this exciting journey of 2017, resolutions are sure to be the hot topic of conversation.
It’s a word that can evoke frustration, fear and folly in our lives. While some folks are resolute when sticking to their resolutions, others need a plan that is a bit more forgiving.
I prefer to focus on solutions because they allow for a bit more flexibility.
So, here are 3 straightforward skin solutions that’ll produce results you can actually see, making it simple and enjoyable to carry them throughout 2017 and beyond.
- Eat and drink your way to flawless skin. Food matters and the food you put into your body really matters and shows up on your face. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, via steaming, making salads and getting creative. Make green smoothies, fresh juices or blended salads (blend up everything you’d make out of a salad and enjoy it as a soup).
If you stick to these tips, you might even be able to reduce and eliminate some of your skin care products, saving room to get more facials.
Eating for your skin, especially via green smoothies, is one of the most powerful and results-oriented acts you can perform to achieve amazing skin! Also, see this: http://skingab.com/7-drinks-clear-skin-now-2017-cheers/ and look up David Wolfe—Eating for Beauty and Dr. Perricone—The Wrinkle Cure; they helped me see how certain foods could quickly clear and hydrate my skin.
- Establish and practice a basic skin care regimen. And, stay consistent.
For the day: Cleanse + tone + moisturize + SPF
For night: Cleanse + tone + treat + moisturize
(Find what works for you. Here’s a bit of a detailed regimen that worked for me and so many others: http://skingab.com/diy-esthetician-give-facial-get-acne-free-skin/)
- Fight oil with oil or add some oil if you’re dry. Too many people are scared of adding oil to their skin, but then want to know why they’re aging prematurely or why their acne takes a long time to heal.
If you started adding a bit of oil to your skin, you’d see its beautiful benefits.
- It makes your skin look luminous and gives it a smooth sheen.
- It locks in much-needed moisture.
- If your skin is oily, it actually helps to minimize the extra oil you produce; fighting oil with oil is a thing and a thing that works!
- If you have normal to dry skin, it helps to regulate oil you already produce and as point B stated: “locks in much-needed moisture.”
Do your research and experiment with different oils, but some of my favorites are: jojoba oil, mango butter, coconut oil, castor oil and this organic one by Arbonne: Nourishing Facial Oil: